Abercrombie's Pastoral Support Officer is Sarah Billyeald.
Sarah is available Tuesday 8.30am - 12pm and Wednesday 8.30am - 4.00pm.
What is a Pastoral Support Officer?
• Someone who works with our staff, parents and pupils at Abercrombie.
• Someone who is an approachable professional, an active listener, an encourager and an observer.
• Someone who helps our pupils and their family identify any concerns or issues at the earliest possible opportunity.
• Someone who helps address barriers to learning and to help our pupils achieve their goals and be a happy, confident person.
What support can our Pastoral Support Officer give you?
Our Pastoral Support Officer will work with our pupils and their families in a variety of ways:
• 1:1 Support (with pupils in school)
• Group Work (with pupils in school)
• Family Support (at home or in school)
• Liaise with Staff, Parents and Pupils
• Attend Meetings
How does it all work?
• The Pastoral Support Officer will work closely with Mrs Gannon (Headteacher), who will
highlight any families she thinks would benefit from our support.
• Parents/Carers can also make referral, forms are available from Mrs Gannon. Each referral is dealt with according to priority.
• Once a referral form is received, permission will be gained from the pupils parents/carers.
Only when permission is given, can our Pastoral Support Officer work with you and your family.
• Pupils will get a weekly/fortnightly session (20 -30min). This may be 1-1 or in a small group.
• Progress will be reviewed termly.
• Staff, Parents/Carers and our Pastoral Support Officer will work together to support pupils.