Times of School Day
Nursery 8.40am - 11.40am & 12.10pm - 3.10pm*
* Up to 30hrs free childcare available.
Key Stage One (Infants) 8.50am - 12.00pm and 1.05pm - 3.00pm
Key Stage Two (Juniors) 8.40am - 12.10pm and 1.10pm – 3.05pm
(All KS1 and KS2 classes receive a morning and afternoon playtime)
Due to COVID-19, the morning and end of day arrangements have been adapted for the Health and Safety of pupils, parents and staff.
There is a one-way system on the way in and out of the school gates; signs will be visible and there will be a teacher on duty to direct you.
• From 8:30am, a member of staff will be at the school gate. Children and parents will be directed to their allocated class lining up space.
• Junior children are encouraged to walk from the school gates to their lines by themselves.
• Parents of Infant children are welcome to accompany their child though the gates to class lines.
Junior teachers will meet their classes from 8:40am, with a start time of 8:45am.
Similarly, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 teachers will meet their children from 8:50am, with a start time of 8:55am.
Morning Nursery session begins at 8:40am, so please bring your child to the Nursery door for this time.
End of Day Arrangements
Collecting your child at the end of the day:
• As soon as you arrive to collect your child, can ALL parents please come into the turning circle area. We will not let the children leave the school grounds until the class teacher has seen the child’s adult (except some Year 5/6 children who have written permission to walk home by themselves).
• Infant children finish school at 3pm and will be lined up in their allocated space at the front of school for this time. Similarly, junior children will finish at 3:05pm and will be lined up in their allocated spaces ready for collection at this time.
• In order to make the collection of children go as smoothly as possible, we ask that parents stand near to their child’s lining up area.
• If you have any questions about the beginning or end of the school day, please speak to a member of staff.
We cannot allow children's masks in school due to cross contamination. Parents should wear a mask/visor when entering the school gate unless you have a medical condition. Staff will offer and request that you put one on if you do not have one. Please do not congregate around the school gate after dropping off your child.
Other than on an official supervised trip, once you have left your children with us they are not allowed to leave the school site during normal hours unless collected by a responsible adult known to the staff. If you do need to collect your child during school hours, you must always report to the Headteacher or School Office.
If you would like your child to walk home by themselves at the end of the day, please complete a consent form available at the school office. Please note that we only allow this for children in Year 5 or 6, children in all other classes must be collected by a responsible adult they know.
FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL CHILDREN, WE ARE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT VISITORS TO THE SCHOOL. ALL VISITORS, INCLUDING PARENTS, SHOULD REPORT TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE. PLEASE ENSURE ALL DOORS ARE KEPT CLOSED AT ALL TIMES. THIS IS TO PROTECT YOUR CHILD.